unidentified snail keep it or bin it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddyC

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All,

Firstly a big thank you to this forum, I'm just starting out with my tank and this forum has provided so much information and helped me get started.

I have built up my tank from scratch (including re-sealing the tank and building the stand etc) and am currently running a fish-less cycle.

I bought a bit of bogwood and it would now appear that it brought in a few snails, I have done some searching and they don't look like MTS (the point is coming out of the side of the shell, not the back) which seem to be the most common. I have uploaded a couple of pictures and am just after some advice on if I should fish them out or not (I've read a lot about snail infestations).

FYI I have just (3 days ago) added some plants and am slightly worried for their lives!

Thank for the pointers!

Attachments

• snail1.jpg
    snail1.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 77
  • snail2.jpg
    snail2.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 73
I'm not sure what kind of snail it is, but I would say let it be, unless it starts eating your plants, then get ride of it.

Hi All,

Firstly a big thank you to this forum, I'm just starting out with my tank and this forum has provided so much information and helped me get started.

I have built up my tank from scratch (including re-sealing the tank and building the stand etc) and am currently running a fish-less cycle.

I bought a bit of bogwood and it would now appear that it brought in a few snails, I have done some searching and they don't look like MTS (the point is coming out of the side of the shell, not the back) which seem to be the most common. I have uploaded a couple of pictures and am just after some advice on if I should fish them out or not (I've read a lot about snail infestations).

FYI I have just (3 days ago) added some plants and am slightly worried for their lives!

Thank for the pointers!

Looks like a pond snail. They can take over a tank in a very short time lol

Back
Top Bottom