Unique tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P8ntballer52

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a lot variety of fish in my tank. I'm sure most of you guys would say it won't work but it dose and I have no issues at all.

2 ballon Molly's
1 red tail shark
2 angle fish
1 south American puffer
2 permission parrot chilcids
1 other ciclid as well not sure of the name
1 loach
1 pelco
2 snails
2 ghost catfish
1 upside down catfish
2 gourami
1 sword tail

And they all get along just fine. No issues at all in the tank.

{mod edit} What size is the tank!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering, what size tank is it? What kind of loach? What kind of pleco?

I would avoid those balloon mollies in the future. They are bred to be deformed like that which causes them swimming and health issues as well as an overall shortened lifespan.

Ya those fish full grown really can't live in that tank like that u will have to upgrade or rehome.. possibly both

Try having:
2 clown loach
4 red barbs
2 glass catfish
2 decorated squeaking catfish
2 silver flying fox
1 guppie
2 silver mollys
1 golden pleco
1 small fry from the silver fox
1 neon blue gourami
And finally the most bizare to get along fine... My electric blue lobster :)

Here's a picture, can't see my lobster he's hiding the other side of tank and the glass with the net over it in the middle is make **** holding tank for my fry from silver fox :)

image-2960943331.jpg

That's the thing, you could throw pretty much any kind of fish together and be like 'hey look, its working'. It doesn't negate the fact that some of these fish are incompatible by nature. Puffers are notoriously territorial, and yes it might work for a while, but generally speaking it's a disaster waiting to happen.

The biggest concern with the stocking list is just the sheer amount of fish.

Sometimes things work out with species that really shouldn't, but since these are often accompanied with a very special or unique set of circumstances, they really shouldn't be recommended to others.

regardless if its "Working" there quite a few fish on that list that A shouldnt be together and B shouldnt be in a tank that small. Also no Loach should be all alone...Theres honestly alot of issues with the mixture of fish in your tank.

Loach and snails? How long has that been setup? I have broken a lot of rules, but you seem to just really push it. If those fish are small now, you WILL be in trouble soon. Good luck, make sure you keep an eye on them.

P8ntballer52 said:
I have had the tank set up like this for almost a year. An why can you not mix snails and loach?

Lol who cares about the loaches and snails!!! What about the red tailed shark and puffer!!?? No bueno

Well it's a south American puffer which I'm sure a lot of people say its not. But it is a community puffer. If you don't believe me. Look it up

And as far as the red tail. That is also a community. Also do a little research and look it up

Lol iv heard TONS of accounts of red tailed sharks being territorial and killing many tank mates. Seriously, ask anyone here. Yours must be a juvie but once it gets bigger...uh oh. And if it is an adult, you must have a mentaly retarded RTS. it just doesnt happen. As for the puffer, i seriously doubt it will stay a "community" fish forever. Regardless, your tank is over stocked, even without the shark or puffer. I have a 40g and wouldnt dream of cramming all these fish in it. Not healthy.

Anyways, what kind of paintball gun you have?

Back
Top Bottom