Unknown black thing with Thorns??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just read that you added it 1 hour ago, it will take awhile to settle in. How did you acclimate?

I just wont understand why fish are all active in the fish stores display tanks, then when you take them home they hide all day or always run away.

- Slowly adding my tank's water every few minutes into the bag the fish store put em in.

Next time use the drip method, you didn't poor the water into your tank did you?

I would also keep hands out of the tank until it settles in, the fish is stressed right now, it will get more comfortable.

No i never mix the stores water with mine. I just add a little water into the fish's bag for about a hour.

and yeah i know, i didnt want to put my hand in there at all but to make sure the gramma was ok i had to. thats why im leaving the light off to make them more comfortable.

I wouldn't worry about it, the gramma will settle in a day or two. They typically hide in the home aquarium. I know mine did most of the time.

Since i moved the rock, the gramma is swimming under another rock now.
The lights are off, so the fish isnt that dark ..like its pictured to be.

img3106d.jpg

Oh and hows the drip process go?

Put the fish into a container with the water from the LFS. Then use some air tubing and create a syphon from your tank. Tie a knot so that you get a slow drip in the line and stick in into the container. Keep it there until you have at least doubled preferably tripled the water content. This allows to fish to slowly acclimate with minimal stress or turbulence.

I never really counted it, I just tied a slipknot in the tube and went with it, it was probably a drop every 1-2 seconds.

Any knot will do, just so long as you get a steady drip, you don't want it running out.

I thought clown fish eat seaweed, i guess not. I just fed mine and they smelt it and ran off. But the Gramma came out and ate some of it.

So who eats this instant ocean seawood blend? it came with my IO salt mix, thought itll be cool to put it in rotation with my other foods..but they aren't eating it.

Oh and what about my Frozen blood worms? Do saltwater fish eat them or should i give them away.

I have alot of frozen brine foods, no mysis shrimp yet. and of course i have marine flakes.

Back
Top Bottom