Unknown FL Hitchhiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MelissaJay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I found this on a shell that was home to the two mushrooms I picked up at a frag swap last weekend. Any identification help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
:confused::confused::confused:
hitchhiker2.jpg

This was my first post and I'm wondering if I've posted correctly. I've received zero comments on my inquiry and I'm suspecting I've done something unwittingly wrong. I tend to do that, :)

Can I get a hello from anyone out there reading this so I know it's visible?

Thanks so much!

Hello! Lol looks like a polyp of some kind but I'm no expert, maybe someone else will help ya

Depends, what are you asking about? The purple everywhere? The green looking tree? Or the little white piece of cloth on something? I can't tell what the white thing is if that's what your asking?

Lardarse: thanks for the assist! It's unlike anything else in my tank but has a skirt similar to my zoos. Much more of a tube vibe than my zoos however.

Fishking22: the mystery hitchhiker I'm trying to identify is the green tube-looking organism growing on the shell that has the coralline algae. Thanks for sharing any knowledge you might have.

Looks similar to my green button polyps? Google the name and you'll see some better pics.

Attachments

• image-834693644.jpg
    image-834693644.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 87
And FYI there are so many threads for people to look over that it may take a few days for someone to get on it. If it seems like it's taking to long you can "bump" the thread like you did :)

I don't really think it is but maybe it's a majano anemone? Google that and see if it's your culprit.

If not it may just be an ugly paly!

And to VooDoo, bumping is actually against forum rules I'm pretty sure. :( sorry man

XxVooDooxX: Thanks! I just wasn't sure if I had even posted correctly. Appreciate the advice....and don't worry, I have no clue as to how to bump :)

IDreamInSaltwater: I did see one image after a google (majano) search that LOOKED similar to my mystery org. Thanks for the lead....and I'll prolly remove him from my DT just to be safe.

I think I'm right too:p lol I certainly don't think it's a majano tho or anything bad that's gonna hurt.

Back
Top Bottom