Unknown pods ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I realize this will just be a guess without pics but....... I was looking at my sand tonight and say numerous squigly black/brown lines.... upong looking at the surface of the sand I saw a few of them "reaching" around with a "bulb" tip like they were eating the algae on the tank..... any ideas???

sorry but I dont' have a way to get my pics off my digi cam right now..... these things are tiny... I'd say.... half a cm in length for the biggest one and no more than a mm wide.......

would they be bad for my tank???? if so what would get rid of them??

They sound like the sand sifters I have in my tank.. so far nothing bad (that I know of).

When you turn on the light (or shine a flashlight on them), do they dart back into the sand?

I tell ya, that made it hard getting a picture.. then the main one disappeared, so I don't have a lot of hope of getting one now.

seems to be...... he seems to be "reaching" up from the sand to scrape the side of the tank... the others dont' seem to be moving at all.......

I just noticed by looking furthur into the tank that there are probably thousands of these things.... but they're all just sticking above the surface to wiggle around....

Back
Top Bottom