Up Aqua co2 inline diffuser, good for planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm planning a nano rimless nature aquarium and haven't decided how I'm going to diffuse co2. Either a ceramic disk diffuser, which would mean more equipment in the tank. Or this Up Aqua inline diffuser atomizer which would cost more but would be out of sight.

Anyone have experience with this Up Aqua? It's like $25 so price isn't bad. Looks like a newer model because when i look up Up Aqua inline diffuser, it looks different.

Unless you have other recommendations?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250666877975?redirect=mobile

I've used this and the equivalent GLA Atomizer. I guess they are pretty much the same thing (made by the same people and everything). The GLA is a bit pricier though. I think that I might have gotten a finer mist with the GLA fixture, but it's been a while.

Also, note that atomic diffusors will NOT work with DIY CO2.

Thanks Aqua... one seller on ebay listed this item as DIY.. so I was confused. But going to the GLA site, they look almost identical and it specifically states the psi working pressure and the need for a pressurized system. Thanks for pointing it out.

Yeah I suppose the GLA would be better since it requires more pressure (according to GLA).. Perhaps the pores are smaller that would enable a higher percentage of diffusion of co2? Or MAYBE, they're even the same product (just under a different name since they sell Up Aqua stuff) but they just wouldn't risk and be held liable for any DIY mishaps. Anyway, I found this guy on youtube and asked him if the UP Aqua version would work with DIY co2.. he responded with yes and proved it with a video... here it is in case you or anyone interested wants to see...

Up Aqua Aquarium Co2 Diffuser - The effect of DIY Co2 System (Yeast + Sugar) - YouTube

productimg1291344120069.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom