Update of Beengirl's 55g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband came home today with a Hawaiian duster. :) It's kind of a light blue and purple. It's pretty huge compared to my other ones. The brown/ white is out, but the white one is still hiding in this pic.

image-2634119517.jpg

Looks cool! What dofeatherdusters eat? Particles of food floating by?

They're filter feeders. My tank water is pretty clean due to an overrated canister and skimmer, so I add phytoplankton and zooplankton preparations periodically.

I love dusters had 8 of them
hate to say after a year they all blew there tops never came back
now I have only 1left
think it was the lights

I love dusters had 8 of them
hate to say after a year they all blew there tops never came back
now I have only 1left
think it was the lights

Wow. I really hope that doesn't happen to mine. :/ I have mine in the far front left corner in the hopes that its not too much light for them.

Nice feather duster. I got a hawaiian as well i think and its red and yellow. They are pretty awesome.
img_2484409_0_b6422bd5b5dc54f81164e5555ba266f5.jpg

So I think my pistol has finally managed to drag the sun coral into his burrow. I've found it stuck in the opening of the burrow a couple of times and had to pull it out and put it back in its place. But now it's totally gone and I can't find it. :/ I think he's used it to decorate inside his burrow. That sucks. Stupid pistol.

Shrimps going rogue are one of the saddest things about this hobby. Shrimp look awesome and harmless and next to no one will tell you they are coral killers. My peppermint shrimps killed my mushroom coral and my ricordea. :(

I know your pain. Too bad there isn't a shrimp whisperer who you could send them to to correct their poor tank behavior.

Shrimps going rogue are one of the saddest things about this hobby. Shrimp look awesome and harmless and next to no one will tell you they are coral killers. My peppermint shrimps killed my mushroom coral and my ricordea. :(

I know your pain. Too bad there isn't a shrimp whisperer who you could send them to to correct their poor tank behavior.

Yeah, pistols are pretty cool, but he does try to drag any coral that's on the sand into his burrow. Even some that i thought would be too big for him to pull. They're SO strong. He's taken at Least one small frag of zoos and now the sun coal. I've had to pull my acan out of there too. What a pain in the butt. :/

Back
Top Bottom