Update of Beengirl's 55g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking good! What kind of wrasse did you get?

It's a ruby headed wrasse. Was pretty shy first couple weeks, but out all the time now.

I haven't taken pics recently, but will ty to do so this weekend. :) thanks for looking. :)

Beautiful fish. I always wanted a red head Solon wrasse but my tank isn't big enough. Kinda similar.

Yea my mccoskers flasher wrasse can hide very well. They are such athletes too. He runs circles around my poor little clown. They have excellent eye sight as well.

I was able to get a FTS and a couple others, so here they are, hope you enjoy. :)

image-2098596058.jpg

image-1442867152.jpg

image-635403983.jpg

image-238619263.jpg

image-1990007853.jpg

Its looking really good. You've expanded quite a bit since the last time I seen it.

Its looking really good. You've expanded quite a bit since the last time I seen it.

Thanks! I've added a couple things since last FTS, but haven't really bought anything new for a while. Think I need to visit the LFS this weekend for more coral. :)

Bought a green toadstool and I really like this guy.

image-1235141763.jpg

Also got a new bubble coral, it's pretty small. Actually, there are two small ones on the same rock. The bigger of the two has plumped up pretty well and seems happy. :)

image-1671033892.jpg

Nice additions! Green toadstools are one of my favorite corals. They're one of the best corals I've propagated and sold. I've even had clowns host in them. That's a nice bubble coral also. They can be aggressive but with enough space they'll grow into lovely show pieces. Thanks for the pics! ^_^

Nice additions! Green toadstools are one of my favorite corals. They're one of the best corals I've propagated and sold. I've even had clowns host in them. That's a nice bubble coral also. They can be aggressive but with enough space they'll grow into lovely show pieces. Thanks for the pics! ^_^

This is my first toadstool and its pretty cool. :) I used to have a yellow bubble, but it died when a rock was dropped on it accidentally. :( I've been waiting for a healthy looking one, and this one was pretty, so I bought it. :)

I ended up trading my mccosker flasher wrasse and cleaner shrimp for another ocellaris clown and a sunrise pseudochromis. The cleaner shrimp constantly stole food from my corals! Check em out on my showcase thread. The 2 clowns started hosting my open brain instead if my bta.lol

I ended up trading my mccosker flasher wrasse and cleaner shrimp for another ocellaris clown and a sunrise pseudochromis. The cleaner shrimp constantly stole food from my corals! Check em out on my showcase thread. The 2 clowns started hosting my open brain instead if my bta.lol

I saw that in your thread. :) I love my cleaner shrimp, but he tries to steal food from my GBTA sometimes. Little bugger. I have to give him a tiny pice of whatever I feed the nems so he'll not steal.
Clowns are goofy, never know what (or if) they'll host. My clown hasn't even like at either of my nems, but then was thinking of hosting the frogspawn until I moved it.
I forgot to mention that I got a great deal on my green toadstool!!!! It's a decent size, and was at Petco. They had it on sale for $20, which was $5 off regular price, and I had $15 in reward coupons, so I got it for $5!!! :) :) my cheapest coral so far!

Lol! What a steal!

PS what is that flowing looking coral in the top center of your tank? It is the one on the right

Lol! What a steal!

PS what is that flowing looking coral in the top center of your tank? It is the one on the right

I think you're talking about my pink condy. He's really big. The one to the right of that is my GBTA. He's not small, but looks kinda small next to the big condy. Haha

Back
Top Bottom