Update On My Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I cleaned out my tank which makes a 100 percent water change and then i tested the water (i still have my fish) and it came out like this...
Ammo: 0.50
Nitrites: 2.0
Nitrates: 0
So i put some seachem prime in the water and im going to do plenty of water changes to get the levels down and start getting some nitrates. Is this a good plan? Im pretty sure it is from all the advice ive been getting from yall but any more would be great thanks:)

Wow you did a 100% water change and you still have ammonia at .5 and nitrites at 2?! Have you tested your tap water for ammonia and nitrites?

If your levels are still that high more pwc are in order, you want to get the nitrites down to 0.25 ASAP, that's a high level to have with fish in there.

I know right I was surprised to. I did like a 15% water this morning and and then tested the water and it came out...
Ammo: 0.25
Nitrites: 1.0
Nitrates: 0
It's a little bit better but still not good so I put seachem prime in. I'm leaving for vacation and won't be back till Tuesday so hopefully they will be ok and some nitrates will grow.

Back
Top Bottom