update with new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richpowell1989

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Updated with new plants n I have now added 4 more cories

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110926_213010.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_213010.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 119
  • ForumRunner_20110926_213043.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_213043.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 112
  • ForumRunner_20110926_213126.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110926_213126.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 108
richpowell1989 said:
Updated with new plants n I have now added 4 more cories

Love it, a couple questions

What are those bigger fish? Cockatoo apistos? Rams?
What plant is in the back left corner?
What are the longer stringy plants all around?
How many gallons is your tank?
Oh and your setup is KNARLEY!! :):):)

2 of them are rams n one is a dwarf gourami n the plants all around are vallis I think that's what the shop called it n about the plant in the corner not to sure at the minute mate will look when I get home n thanks Im glad someone else likes what I have done

Gboy66 said:
Only 28? Lools HUGE!! Are the rams sensative? I love them!

I got told they were that's why I was worried bout gettin them but mine ain't they love the tank when they were in the shop they were hiding n never came out but in my tank they are thriving they are like different fish n Yh I no it looks bigger everyone says that lol

Haha how expensive were they for you if ya dont mind? Mine are like 10 bucks so that pits a downer on a cool fish!!!

Well I live in the UK they cost me 6 pound each but works out to be bout 9 bucks I think buy I love them I think they are stunning

I have had mine a while now so I hope they will. Here is a pic of one of them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110927_003411.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110927_003411.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 67
Beautiful aquarium and fish!

I have two rams and they cost me $7 a piece, but man are they worth it. I just wish they weren't so skittish.

adadkins1 said:
Beautiful aquarium and fish!

I have two rams and they cost me $7 a piece, but man are they worth it. I just wish they weren't so skittish.

Mine ain't that skittish they stay there when I'm at the rank but if anyone else goes over they hide I think they no I feed them lol

Bolivian rams are hardier fish all around than german rams, not to mention easier to breed. German rams are significantly harder to keep alive simply due to how they are treated prior to arrival in your tank. Add that to the fact that people always try to keep them in suboptimal conditions (water temp below 80, medium hardness water, etc) and you get a fish with a 2 month life expectancy. You will have better luck with locally bred stock than what you get at fish stores though.

EDIT: I will add that European GBR stock may not be the same Asian-bred, hormone injected stock we get in the states, and could be superior fish all around to the stuff we see at LFS.

Back
Top Bottom