update with new plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aqua_chem said:
Bolivian rams are hardier fish all around than german rams, not to mention easier to breed. German rams are significantly harder to keep alive simply due to how they are treated prior to arrival in your tank. Add that to the fact that people always try to keep them in suboptimal conditions (water temp below 80, medium hardness water, etc) and you get a fish with a 2 month life expectancy. You will have better luck with locally bred stock than what you get at fish stores though.

EDIT: I will add that European GBR stock may not be the same Asian-bred, hormone injected stock we get in the states, and could be superior fish all around to the stuff we see at LFS.

I have had mine bout 6 months mate n ain't had no problems at all

I have had mine bout 6 months mate n ain't had no problems at all

As I said, different stock. You might have favorable water too, done everything right, or just got lucky. Probably a combination of factors. But I know that their are ram farms in Europe with better stock than the crap coming out of Asia into the states. Hopefully you guys get those rams instead of ours.

Gboy, I would recommend trying them if you want blue rams. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If you can't get them to stick, try getting them from either local breeders (ideally) or from breeders off aquabid or on forums, as they are generally treated better and not boosted up on hormones.

aqua_chem said:
As I said, different stock. You might have favorable water too, done everything right, or just got lucky. Probably a combination of factors. But I know that their are ram farms in Europe with better stock than the crap coming out of Asia into the states. Hopefully you guys get those rams instead of ours.

Gboy, I would recommend trying them if you want blue rams. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If you can't get them to stick, try getting them from either local breeders (ideally) or from breeders off aquabid or on forums, as they are generally treated better and not boosted up on hormones.

Nah its just i keep my temp around 76. You said 80 is needed for rams

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Im brand new to this app and this is the first day iv ever been on so lay off.

Don't worry about anyone on here mate lol n I'm not to sure which one is sensetive but they are beautiful fish I thought German rams are easiest but other people say bolivian on here

Im brand new to this app and this is the first day iv ever been on so lay off.

They was only asking for some advice mate

aquachem has a point, and did say please. It's not kosher to jump in and take over an old thread, plus you'll get a lot more responses and help if you start your own thread with your question. It makes it much easier for those who are involved in the thread to stay involved since they are subscribed and there isn't a lot of clutter from other subjects going on as well.

It's also much easier for people to find in the future when researching.

I'm sure they weren't saying it to be rude, just mentioning basic forum etiquette so that Nu-Nu the eel can apply it in the future for better results.

And I agree, bolivians are by far the easiest ram to breed.

jetajockey said:
aquachem has a point, and did say please. It's not kosher to jump in and take over an old thread, plus you'll get a lot more responses and help if you start your own thread with your question. It makes it much easier for those who are involved in the thread to stay involved since they are subscribed and there isn't a lot of clutter from other subjects going on as well.

It's also much easier for people to find in the future when researching.

I'm sure they weren't saying it to be rude, just mentioning basic forum etiquette so that Nu-Nu the eel can apply it in the future for better results.

And I agree, bolivians are by far the easiest ram to breed.

I do agree with u sayin its easier to start ur own but I was jus sayin he was only asking mate like he said he didn't no any better he only joined yesterday

I understand, I don't want to be hard on new posters either, just trying to help out. If I didn't happen to see this thread a few minutes ago in the recent updates I would've never seen it or gotten involved, but if it was in it's own thread in the breeding subsection I would've found it much easier.

Back
Top Bottom