Updated Pics of my Planted 20g Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't posted in about a couple months. Been doing other things. Anyways, here's a couple shots of my tank. It's been setup for a little over a year. I DIY'ed the hood myself. It contains (2) 20W T12 fluorescents. Painted white on the inside. I have laterite under the sand and peat moss under that. Looking back I sorta wished I didn't get sand, but oh well I was on a budget. Filter is an Aqua Clear 150 (if I remeber correctly :roll:) and an Ebo Jager 100W keeps the water warm. I have a pre-filter sponge for the sand but don't really think I need it. I just put it there in the begining and it's stayed there. I have Bio rocks(?) that came w/ the AC and a sponge in the filter.

As far as the plants, it's low-tech. Only 2 WPG. No nutrients are added.

I do a weekly water change of about 50% and keep the temperature around 78. I know there's some algae, but everything's healthy :p
I may be getting some shrimp or cories in the near future or an otto, if I can find any.

The background is a black trashbag. I know it looks a little rough, but meh, it works for me.

Fish inhabitants:
1 Dwarf Gourami
6 Black Skirt Tetras

Enjoy.

Everybody had to get in on this one didn't they.

Back
Top Bottom