Upgrade aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright, so I have this 60 I overstocked a bit. Instead of getting rid of the fish, I say get bigger tank. So the I bought this wood stand hand made from the lfs. It has a footprint of 48", 15". first anyone know of a 80+ tank with that footprint? They told me at the lfs that as long as the footprints match, it can hold the weight.

Current stock is-
4 Bolivian Rams
6 (peppered/albino) corydoras
6 roseline sharks
1 vieltail angel
1 gold nugget pleco
1 African dwarf frog

I state this because I want stock and size to match! I figure I'll get some stocking feedback to. Just so you know, the frog has been with the rams for about 5 months no problems and he comes out and eats with them. All these fish are under 3in now. Criticism openly accepted. Excited to get a larger aquarium if they make one for this footprint!

Are you sure it's not 48"x16"? The size you stated isn't a standard size. If it's 48x16 then you could go with either a 75 or a 90 gallon tank.

Reefnoob84 said:
Are you sure it's not 48"x16"? The size you stated isn't a standard size. If it's 48x16 then you could go with either a 75 or a 90 gallon tank.

This is the class size, the frame sits in the stand slot only 1/4 inch on each side so at most without hanging over a little 15.5".

Back
Top Bottom