Upgrade filtration for a 150?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonrusso

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm upgrading from a 75 gallon to a 150 gallon next weekend. It's a fowlr with a porcupine puffer, dwarf fuzzy lion,yellow tang, and dwarf golden eel. Right now I have a corner overflow into a big Oceanic reef sump (I bought it used so I'm not sure of the model. It's 36 inches long). In the sump is a filter sockk, UV filter, and Octopus 150 skimmer. I am using a Rio 2500+ return pump. Everything works well now and water levels are fine. I've already bought another 2500+ pump (I figured that one does the job now, so doubling the size of the tank would require an identical pump), and a Hydor power head, and 80 pounds of sand. I also have a lot more rock (I have 2 rubbermaid bins) that I have hydrating in "old water" from my last water change.

The new tank is a dual corner overflow, and I am going to have the pumps on 2 individual returns. With about 4 feet of head, I'm going to be at 1060 gph. Is this going to be sufficient? Should I buy another pump and have 3 returns?

Back
Top Bottom