Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. I love the idea of bridges. I have a small one oh the left side but I have to find the right piece of rock to put on the other side to make a bridge.

I got home today to find my cepex valves waiting for me. Yay I can finally finish this tank and get it running. I probably will stay up late getting it done.

I have my cepex ball valves in place. Now to fill the aquarium up another inch or two and then connecting the pump and starting it up. Woot woot![emoji1]

I started up the pump and nothing coming out on one side and a trickle is coming out on the other side. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas please.

Strange, I have the same pump, just a 7000. I figure I have 8.5ft of head and it pumps it out good. I run the pump on setting 5 or its to much. Dumb question, but is one of the ball valves closed?? Also, if the pump runs dry it trips a reset that you have to unplug the pump for a few minutes then try it again?? Just a thought

Make sure your little control panel is turned on , hit the little plus button and make sure the little green lites go up on the scale, on some of those D.C. Motors once plugged in they are in a sleep mode for a few minutes before they get going,...I think on my skimmer once it's turned on it doesn't get with the program for 6-10 minutes

Last edited:
Can you increase or decrease the flow at all? Take it apart and give it a good cleaning, might be that the impeller is out of place somehow.

Beauty part of these pumps is they are DC. You can adjust it down with 10 settings. Mine goes from 1350-1900GPH, this is at the output.

Thanks guys. I have it dialed up all the way. It's strange I tried unplugging it and plugging back in several times as the direction indicate to release any air caught in the pump. I have unscrewed the connection at the pump and it seems to be flowing good. It's almost like there is a blockage somewhere. Both ball valves are open. I don't know what else to do other than taking my plumbing apart at the unions and seeing if there is something in there.

Ok I think I figured out why the water wasn't flowing. Both of my check valves were stuck in the closed position. Some pvc primer leaked down into the check valve and caused them to stick.

I am also redoing some of my plumbing so I don't have to use two check valves. I am going to attach one check valve coming off the return pump and then attach the Y fitting to go to both return lines. I'm also creating a manifold that will feed my reactors so I don't have to place several pumps in my sump.

looks good I like it those bridges will give you more room for coral and the fish love to swim through them, my clown always lays her eggs under it ,

Ok I think I figured out why the water wasn't flowing. Both of my check valves were stuck in the closed position. Some pvc primer leaked down into the check valve and caused them to stick.

I am also redoing some of my plumbing so I don't have to use two check valves. I am going to attach one check valve coming off the return pump and then attach the Y fitting to go to both return lines. I'm also creating a manifold that will feed my reactors so I don't have to place several pumps in my sump.

That happened to one of our septic systems, got failed on inspection.. it was quite the situation.. luckily it was a quick fix :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That happened to one of our septic systems, got failed on inspection.. it was quite the situation.. luckily it was a quick fix :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh ok. Yeah I just had to pry mine loose and I will test everything out tomorrow once i get everything plumbed back up.

Back
Top Bottom