Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to Home Depot last night and picked up a 20 amp gfi to replace the 15 amp one. I will have to empty the tank in Oder to move it so I can get to the plug. I plan on filling all the containers I have with the tank water so I don't lose it all. I can probably save about 90 gallons with the containers I have.

In have a electrician coming down today to look at my issue and to give me an estimate. He is a friend of a guy I know on Facebook. We also lived in the same neighborhood growing up. Hopefully will be an easy fix.

The electrician came out and he said since it's only tripping at the plug and not the breaker then it's probably the gfi is bad. He said those GFI's are flakey and some times you can get a dud in a brand new box.

So he recommended that I change out the gfi and see what happens. I changed it out this morning and everything is working ok. [emoji16]

I was told the very same thing about the GFI outlets ,... kinda weird , but there must be something to it after all .

I was surprised when the electrician told me that Dary. I never realized that you could get a dud in a brand new package.

I was able to save all of my water yesterday so I refilled the tank this morning and I'm just waiting for my pump to arrive sometime today. Moving along again![emoji846]

I received my return pump today and I'm not sure how to connect it since I have two return pipes and this pump only has one return outlet. I guess I need some sort of Y fitting but not sure where to go or exactly what to get. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Sounds like you already figured it out ,now you just gotta put it into action ,... didn't you already have everything plumbed with the other pump ?

mine is pvc to the cooler out via a hose to a ' y' and hoses from there to the two outlets ,... ck out BRS for weird plumbing fittings , doesn't seem to be nothing that can't be taken care of easily , you might even talk to one of the brs guys if you run into a snag , I'm sure you're not the first person to talk to them about it

mine is pvc to the cooler out via a hose to a ' y' and hoses from there to the two outlets ,... ck out BRS for weird plumbing fittings , doesn't seem to be nothing that can't be taken care of easily , you might even talk to one of the brs guys if you run into a snag , I'm sure you're not the first person to talk to them about it

Thanks Dary. I will look on their site and see what they have that might work for me. I had also thought about calling the BRS guys and asking them how to do this.

Well I figured out what I am going to do. I will attach a piece of flex hose to the pump then attach a Y connector and then from there flex hose to my barbed fittings. That should do it. Ok got a plan, now to execute after work of course.

Already have the check valves in place. I will have to check and see if I have a ball valve when I get home today. Don't know if I will have room for it now. I will have to check that out.

Back
Top Bottom