Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bummer ,...this too share pass . No worries dr barb on call

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yea Dary im the fish wisperer and the female version of dr doolittle.:D I have successfully treated many fish in my day. Haven't done it in a while thou.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah man!! I'm so ready to see this converted!! All that space for a reef tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know sd, i am excited about it also. Cant wait to get it cleaned out and filled with rock, sand and saltwater. :)

Still treating the Angels. Not sure when i will be able to get the tank emptied and cleaned out.

If all goes as.planned i will be taking the last 2 angels and a,bristle nose in to my co-worker on Friday. Yay!

Barb..I believe you have a lot more patience than most of us . I'm sure I would have been in a big hurry to dissemble the whole setup and get started on the rebuild .... I'm sure your patience will be rewarded in the end tho

Thanks Dary. I could"nt in good conscience sell someone a sick fish so i had to bring them back to health before taking them in to the office to my co-worker.

You seem to have a lot of old school values,.... Nice in life and in this hobby too...especially the patience part

I definately have old school values and I believe in doing the right thing and when it comes to taking care of my animals (dog/fish) theres nothing i would'nt do for them...... I learned a long time ago that if you rush things you end up making mistakes. Its better to take your time and do it right.

I forgot to gather up the fish last night to bring in this morning so now i have to wait anoth week. :eek: I went on a long walk around the neighorhood with my dog and when we arrived back home we were both to tired to do anything else. Oh well stuff happens. :)

Well took the rest of the fish in to my co-worker on Friday. Now just have to empty the tank, clean it, fix the stand and make my sump. Lots of work ahead.

Let The fun begin ! ....... With everything you've leaned along the way now you can plan things out and set everything up beautifully ,... Somewhat envious , but as you said there's a lot of work ahead ,... You go barb !!!

Yay! Can't wait to see how this turns out. You seem to have the patience to really get it done right and not rush it, so I'll try not to push you along! Haha! What's first?!? ? seriously though, good luck! I'll be watching so keep us posted on your progress!

Let The fun begin ! ....... With everything you've leaned along the way now you can plan things out and set everything up beautifully ,... Somewhat envious , but as you said there's a lot of work ahead ,... You go barb !!!

Thanks Dary. Its been a long time to get this far. I am looking forward to the whole process. Taking it slow though. Dont want to make any mistakes.

Yay! Can't wait to see how this turns out. You seem to have the patience to really get it done right and not rush it, so I'll try not to push you along! Haha! What's first?!? ? seriously though, good luck! I'll be watching so keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks SD. First I will empty the tank and clean it really good. Then i have to figure out how to convert a dual dorso overflow into a dual herbie overflow. That is going to take some time and planning.

Ok i have to ask has anyone ever converted a reef ready tank with two durso overflow boxes to a herbie method overflow?

I will be draining and cleaning out the tank tomorrow. Still not sure what type of plumbing setup i will do. Ive been trying to read up on the different plumbing setups trying to get a better understanding so i can do what is best for my tank. May take some time to figure this out.

Ok drained the tank. I'm going to let it dry out first before i start cleaning it.

Back
Top Bottom