Upgrade Time!! 40B build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little update here...the tank has been up and cycling for about 2 months. I'm hoping to start moving the livestock from the 20 into this one this week.

Before I start, should I do a complete (or very large) water change?

Upon cycle completion your nitrates will be pretty high(if this is Fishless didn't go back to look)

Either way I would do a big water change.

Caleb

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally made the move this week. Took a few hours to do the move but the new tank is up and running.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1448715179151.jpg
    1448715179151.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 112
Yup hahaha. Hopefully it stays this way through New Years when my family comes to visit. One hiccup..my HOB skimmer (Eshopps PSK 75H) won't fit in my sump (too tall, and can't be re-plumbed), so I'm looking for a Reef Octopus 110SS. This is the time to buy with all the MAP restricted items on sale. I know a skimmer is not a necessity, but it makes reef life so much easier.

nice job on the scape , what kind of stock do you have moving in to it,
I wouldn't stress over the skimmer until your ready to go reef , for now you'll be just fine

Last edited:
It's the existing stock that I have: 2 clowns (added a gramma today), cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, two duncan colonies, a huge branching frogspawn, torch, zoas, hammer, acans, and birdsnest.

So, yeah, I'm already at the reef :)

I loved mine too. Just gotta get a new one. No biggie, since a bunch of stuff from the old tank is being sold off anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That tank looks way way cool! clone it and send it to Boston please and thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you :) It took a lot of planning and work to get it working.

I love the BeanAnimal overflow method, I highly recommend it.

Thank you :) It took a lot of planning and work to get it working.

I love the BeanAnimal overflow method, I highly recommend it.
I've been following;) very methodical, I could never.. way to spastic in my tank ideas and happenings..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks :) I'm hoping my gramma comes out of hiding soon. The last time I had one, it took almost a week for him to make an appearance. My only concern is that he gets stuck in the rockwork somewhere.

I'm going to pass on the coral beauty...it's too hit or miss, and I don't want to risk it. A six line is definitely in the future, as is a yellow watchman. He'll just have to find my pistol shrimp. I've heard him snapping, but haven't seen him. Once the fish are settled, either a BTA or a rock nem (how big do those get?)...

Any other suggestions on what would go well in the tank?

:/ I have good luck with tea and ginger cookies to get my gramma out of hiding.

I'm sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

:/ I have good luck with tea and ginger cookies to get my gramma out of hiding.

He finally made an couple of appearances yesterday. It looks like he found a couple little nooks in the rockwork in which to hide and has been camping out.

What a snot hahahaha I'm glad he's ok ^_^

Here are some pictures. My skunk cleaner and royal gramma were playing hide and seek with the camera, so I don't have any of them...yet.

63298-albums14261-picture69517.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69516.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69518.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69514.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69513.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69512.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69511.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69510.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69509.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69515.jpg

My royal is only out in the morning or if it thinks I'm about to feed it or chasing my blenny away from her cave.

What about a Midas blenny? They're colorful and cool looking. Plus for a blenny they swim a fair amount

Back
Top Bottom