Upgrade Time!! 40B build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My royal is only out in the morning or if it thinks I'm about to feed it or chasing my blenny away from her cave.

What about a Midas blenny? They're colorful and cool looking. Plus for a blenny they swim a fair amount

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And have a ton of personality. I love mine.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Here are some pictures. My skunk cleaner and royal gramma were playing hide and seek with the camera, so I don't have any of them...yet.

63298-albums14261-picture69517.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69516.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69518.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69514.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69513.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69512.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69511.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69510.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69509.jpg

63298-albums14261-picture69515.jpg

Nice photos of your corals. My coral banded shrimp and my blood red shrimp only come out at night or when I'm feeding the tank. Good luck getting the photos of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The cleaner is out and about but I think the gramma got stuck. I haven't seen him in a couple of days...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's a FTS and a picture of the two azure damsels I picked up. Also got a beautiful pink spot goby but he's made himself at home in the back of the rockwork...and without a GoPro, I can't take an in - tank shot...

Attachments

• 1449434726017.jpg
    1449434726017.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 1449434738160.jpg
    1449434738160.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 60
Are those nemos?!? I love nemos!!! ;) fantabulous!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finally got a pic of the cleaner and goby.

Attachments

• 1449449545640.jpg
    1449449545640.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 1449449566675.jpg
    1449449566675.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 62
Are those nemos?!? I love nemos!!! ;) fantabulous!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep two clowns. I'm planning on adding another pair this week. Then either a midas or canary blenny.

I was pondering a mandarin...but...yeah...

looking real good , one thing I loved about the 40 b everything seemed to grow fast so you should see some nice growth , I think it was because of the depth of tank
remember clowns are territorial and you could possibly have a fight on your hands ,
hope things go smoothly for you , can't wait to see your tank in like 6 months it's going to look awesome(y)

That's my concern with adding another pair of clowns. I don't want to start anything. They've been good with the damsels so far.

First water change today (a little later than I wanted).
Ammonia and nitrites are at 0. Nitrates are at 20 :8O::8O::8O: I'll do another change tomorrow.

pH was 8.2, salinity 1.025 and Mg 1290. I didn't have an AAA batteries to check calcium, alk or phosphates with my hanna checkers. I'll get some tomorrow :)

Added two more azure damsels and another clown. All are getting along very well, so I'm going to put in one more clown.

After this, nothing more till I get my skimmer. I've decided against a mandarin, and definitely no coral beauty/flame angel. I might do a yellow assessor goby. Both my wife and I want one or two more with some real eye popping color...

I have a gold assessor. Awesome fish with tons of personality. Swims sideways and upside down. Crazy fish!

I have a gold assessor. Awesome fish with tons of personality. Swims sideways and upside down. Crazy fish!

They're so cool! Beautiful too once they get comfortable, I've always wanted one but afraid my gramma would fight him.

They're so cool! Beautiful too once they get comfortable, I've always wanted one but afraid my gramma would fight him.

My Purple Firefish ignores him, but I have them in a 180 gallon reef. Plenty of breathing room for the two of them.

I'm checking w/ my LFS to see what they've got arriving today...hopefully a couple fun ones :)

I'm wondering, what, if anything, I can put in the overflow box on the back wall of the tank. Obviously nothing that can be sucked into the siphon, and I'd put a strainer on the intake tubes just in case. No fish, obviously, but maybe a couple coral? Any ideas?

Jackpot!! The LFS got some midas blennies in yesterday. I hope they're still there Friday when I'm able to swing by and pick them up. One of those, another black clown, and maybe a few more red legged hermits and another cleaner or coral banded shrimp.

Then it's time to get my new skimmer...

Got the midas today. Hid in the rocks for about 30 minutes but is now out and about. Nice bright coloring on him.

Unfortunately, the last juvenile black clown sold yesterday. I'm on the fence as to whether I should wait for more, or if I should pick up a gorgeous juvenile snowflake clown they had...

Back
Top Bottom