Upgrading tank same space.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whew. Just did the switch. Waiting for the temp to come down in the upgraded tank (the hubs used warm water >.>). Khulis are in a temp 3 gallon for now with all my plants floatinf. They were crazy difficult to catch. I took library girls advice with water, I just dumped all the water and added new conditioned water. I hope my tank doesn't do anything crazy, like cycle again. Even though its just 10 extra gallons, the tank is HUGE compared to my old one! It looks so wimpy. Can't wait to add more plants and fish finally! And of course more Khulis =).

Even though I rinsed the new sand, over and over, my tank is still a little cloudy. Kind of think it was hubby man handling the water though. I pray there are NO leaks. I did the 24 hr water test (bo water leaked) but of course AFTER I set everything up, I notice the smallest of imperfections in a corner. Like a small chip. Bleh.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have this crack in my tank and nothing ever comes out of it but a small amount if mineral buildup

image-827461553.jpg

Face palm. So I grabbed a cup, that I thought was for my tank, to add some of the tank water into temp. Tank (the temp is off by a degree). And I accidentally friggin poured sweet f-ing tea into my upgraded tank. It was only very little, like a last bit at the bottom. What the heck....

Just barely enough to coat the bottom but enough to freak me out and want to redo all my water.

I wouldn't worry about it. I have this crack in my tank and nothing ever comes out of it but a small amount if mineral buildup

Holy crap I would be so nervous about that crack! I feel like of anything hit it juuuust right, it would bust! It would give me a great excuse to get a bigger tank ;D. How long has it been like that?

Would you get a 40,50 or 60 gallon filter for a 30 gallon tank? They are on sale at t LFS and only a couple buck difference. The fluval aquaclear kind. I have many plants and plan to add more.

The filter the tank came with is annoying me to no end! It work well and silent. Then It will be loud for a bit. I have tried cleaning it and greasing it but nothing. I think it's just cause its old? The lid is warped a bit, like it was in the heat for a while.

Back
Top Bottom