upgrading to 130g stocking ideas please!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all ive currently got a 45g with a built in 2000lph overhead filter and a fluval u2 filter which is stocked as follows
1 - ctenopoma acutirostre
2 - rainbow cichlids
1 - leopard frog pleco
5 - polka dot loaches
4 - julii corys

im looking to upgrade to a JEBO 500litre (5foot,130g) which comes with a 1400lph filter with a built in UV sterilizer (sunsun HW303-b) i havnt got the tank yet as funds havent allowed this close to christmas nut plan on doing as soon as i can get the £500 i need, now my first question is do you think i should get an additional filter as im not sure if the one that comes with the tank is sufficient for the size or do you think that the uv sterilizer makes up for that... advice there is appreciated.

But the main question is about stocking, the fish listed above would be included in the set up, id really like a 1x severum or a couple clown loaches but not sure how many i could house in there with the fish i already have (if i can have any), i know how big they both get and dont want to put a fish through a miserable life.

Id like to add maybe 3 or 4 more rainbow cichlids as at the minute i have one male and one female.

but other than that im open to suggestions id like cichlids or other similar species, im looking for colourful fish that grow to a fair size (or they will be eaten) i dont want any more bottom dwellers, no guppys, mollys, platys etc or small shoaling fish... congo tetra may be considered if there is room and they are compatable with fish already listed but, colour/size/aggression are the main factor

if id had my way id start all over and go marine but i really cant afford the setup and i dont want to part with my ctenopoma as he has become quite personable.

any ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated

Thanks
Dean

Back
Top Bottom