Upgrading to Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnowZz

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have my tank up and running with live stock and im currently using a canister filter and i HATE IT , HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!. but is it possible to upgrade to a sump at this point? i cannot drill the tank. So im not to educated on the sump buisness, but i have read several articles but most deter toward overflow with drilling. How can i make this work? Are there any articles anyone has about making a sump with out drilled holes? I plan on using a 20g tank for this project -

55G 48'' Long industry standard tank.

You can get a Hang on the back overflow that will work. I used this method for a long time with 2 different tanks.

I have a 55 gal as well and I use an Eshopps pf-300 HOB overflow. It works great and feeds my 30 gal sump with plenty of flow.

is 1300 gph to much for a 55g on the overflow?

I made mods to my Eshopps HOB skimmer, I wouldn't use them stock. I hard plumbed the drain (more reliable than their tube, better flow), removed the foam (I don't have any mechanical in my whole system), painted the u-tube black (don't want to block it up with algae growing on the inside), and changed the drain tube from open top pipe to one with a whole in the side and a cap with a tiny hole drilled in it (makes it quieter).

Back
Top Bottom