Upgrading!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if I could keep a couple shrimp with the fish I have and a RTS too? And if I can what are the benefits of keeping shrimp?

Okay so if I do a red tail shark, and a gold nugget pleco, could I add another decent size fish with the stock I have now? Any suggestions?

just re-read your post... sorry lol.

i'm not to sure of the difference between those two sharks, but with all the people who use this forum and their wealth of knowledge i'm sure someone can point out the differences

Edit- i'm not sure if you've ever seen this site, but its pretty good for info...
www.liveaquaria.com they have TONS of freshwater fish.

I order stuff from liveaquaria, mainly corals though, and have never had an issue with anything from them. My closest LFS is 90 miles away so by the time I figure in gas the overnight shipping is about the same price and they have a larger selection than what my LFS can get.

Okay so now I'm back on the fence about the RTS again, I want the RTS over the RS for sure but I've heard so many more people talk about their aggressiveness and all that that it's starting to worry me. I wouldn't want my angels or my clown loach (they're my favorites in my tank) to have any issues with a RTS. Can anyone offer me any reassurance or maybe even some thing to definitely turn me away from these super awesome fish?

The only one I can think of that looks closest to a shark is the iridescent shark but that's only when it's a juvenile and they get huge, way to big for your tank as a matter of fact they get about as big as your tank in a whole.

Zimmanski said:
Okay so now I'm back on the fence about the RTS again, I want the RTS over the RS for sure but I've heard so many more people talk about their aggressiveness and all that that it's starting to worry me. I wouldn't want my angels or my clown loach (they're my favorites in my tank) to have any issues with a RTS. Can anyone offer me any reassurance or maybe even some thing to definitely turn me away from these super awesome fish?

The only advice I can offer is...

If your concerned about the aggression of the RTS then you might not want to get one. Each and every fish(even within the same species) has the ability to have seriously different personalities... One member could have an RTS that's so aggressive it would come after their hand, while a completely different member could have one that readily comes to be hand fed and doesn't bother a soul(weird example but you should know what I meant)

If I were you I'd do some real thinking about this, maybe find another fish that peaks your interest.
I know I mentioned on this thread that I have an amazing RS that sleeps with/next to my loaches and some people have said they have aggression issues as well.

Bottom line?
Do what you think is best, if you think you're fish will be ok then go for it.
If you fear for the safety of your fish then pass and look for something else

Dang it, I want one so bad, they are so cool looking and the size was perfect. So depressing :banghead: I guess I'll do the right thing, I'll stay away from the sharks for now, maybe I'll focus on a couple really awesome looking Angels and breed them or something. Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom