upsidedown cat fish sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello my dad has a upsidedown cat fish about 5inches long in a 40g tank with some other fish as well the cat has a white fuzzy spot on his belly about the size of a dime any idea on what this can be and how we can help this fish my dad really likes him i dont want him to die he does have a qt tank if he needs to be moved thank you Jester

It may be a fungus. Is it possible to post pics? Is there any other fish that might have taken a nip at him that is becoming infected? Do you know the tank parameters? QT tanks are always a good option IMO. You can put him in QT and add some melafix.

I am trying to get pics now but he is not coperating my dad thinks melafix is for scaled only fish and the cat has no scales anyidea if this is true he doesnt know much about fish i dont know where he heard this from thanks

I have used melafix with scaleless fish before. If he is concerned tell him to use it at half dosage in a QT tank. There are a lot of meds that don't work well with scaleless fish that is very true.

Back
Top Bottom