Upstairs Weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zburtle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 40 gallon breeder and a regular 30 gallon in my upstairs bedroom of an old farm house. It is remodeled so it is not rickety by any means. I'm purchasing a 55 gallon today and I was wondering if there would be any problem putting it in the same room?

Hello z...

Just set the new tank up 8 to 10 inches from a wall and you'll be fine. Don't forget to level it before you put in the water. Some floors are a little bit off and you don't want the tank leaning at all. It will weigh around 550 pounds, with water and all. The floor should easily support that much weight. The older buildings are just a sturdy, if not more so than the new ones.

B

I have a 40 gallon breeder and a regular 30 gallon in my upstairs bedroom of an old farm house. It is remodeled so it is not rickety by any means. I'm purchasing a 55 gallon today and I was wondering if there would be any problem putting it in the same room?

Same Problem here I got a 72 gallon bow and I want to upgrade to a 155 bow its about 6 in away from a outside wall but scared it might be to much weight

Yeah that's a lot of weight. I think I'm going to take down the 30 and put those fish into the 55. Any tips on that?

Lol cuz 10 friends falling through the floor is better then a tank. Real friends fall through floors and break their limbs for you and your hobby! :lol:

Yeah and at least they won't flood the Downstairs with water ;)

Would you feel comfortable putting a water bed in that room? If so, a tank should be no problem as it normally goes against a load-bearing wall. Keyword=load-bearing. Do not put it against an interior wall.

David

Back
Top Bottom