Uses for waste water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMRC Exotics

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if anyone has found some creative uses for waste water or if there were any ways of making it reuseable, seeing as how the droughts are striking the western US right now(CA mainly, not getting into how the state gov wastes water).

I use it to water gardens during summer, but was wondering if a process like ro/di could make the water clean again. What about a large tub with lots of nitrate soaking plants. I was hoping we could brainstorm some solutions..... and go!

The tub option may work, add a shelf for terrestrial plants and load it with anarcharis, hornwort, and moss

You could use it to fill your toilet tank. Get really crafty and pump the waste water into a drum aboce the level of the toilet tank and hook your water line to the toilet to it. Only thing is if you flush alot your gonna need to do more water changes.

I was thinking about uses for waste water and seeing your thread made me think of toilet lol. I got a 200 gallon tank as well as a few others i dobt think ill have to worry about running out of toilet water lol

Empty it into a water barrel, use a water pump, and hook it up to a sprinkler to water your lawn.

Ro/di has a ton of waste so i doubt it would be worth it.

Filtering it youd use up a lot of filter media for whatever the system is.

Into a tub with plants ... Well if you're gonna do that why not just research heavily planted tanks that don't require water changes! :)

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom