Uv sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinadno

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I wanted to update my
Tank. I posted recently that I was having a major algae or bacteria bloom and water changes and lack of light was not helping. I took someone's advice on here and started using a uv sterilizer and wow what a difference! Highly recommend! You can see my before and 3 days after using a sterilizer the difference! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388187659.834164.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388187672.934169.jpg

You can't beat using them for Extended bacterial blooms or green water algae blooms.

It is a 9 watt "green killing machine" is the model name. And I have a 70 gallon tank

A tip that will make your bulb last three times longer. Now that your tank is clear, put your UV on a timer. Let it run only eight hours. It should be enough to keep your tank clear. I run mine 8 hrs at night. OS.

I'm looking for an inline UV sterilizer for the return line of my canister filter. Only ones I see (9w) have a max flow rate of ~200gph, but my canister filter has a flow rate of about 500gph. Does it slow the flow rate to that or is that where it's maximum effectiveness is at that flow rate? Same with inline heaters. Anyways, thanks for any info

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

With a filter that fast I'd go with the next size stronger UV. I think it's a 15w. The faster the flow at asset wattage, the less time the UV light has to disrupt the mitochondrial structures of the cells you want it to kill. OS.

With a filter that fast I'd go with the next size stronger UV. I think it's a 15w. The faster the flow at asset wattage, the less time the UV light has to disrupt the mitochondrial structures of the cells you want it to kill. OS.

Ok,I understand, but does the filter slow down the flow to that rate or is that simply the optional flow?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom