Vacation lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmtiz92

Aquarium Advice Activist
We are going out of town for two weeks and our petsitter will only be coming every other day to tend to our animals. My question is, would it be better to leave the lights on, off or switch them back and forth so they're on for two days and off for two days? My 36 gallon bow front has live plants in it but the ten gallon does not. The ten gallon has guppy fry, and the 36 had two angels, a gbr, some neons and a couple of guppies. Thanks so much!!

If you buy a timer, you can set your lights to turn on and off at anytime of your choosing, automatically. They are pretty cheap, 5 bucks for two at homedepot! :D

How do they work? Would they work with stock lighting? I always thought those were really expensive.

Nope, super cheap.
Just connect your lighting hood's plug to the timer, then the timer to an outlet. After that you set the times, and that's it.

Get a timer... walmart has the cheap analog ones for $5. They have digital dual outlets for $10.

Digital ones are really easy to set. I had issue with my analog one at first. But got it step up just fine

Thank y'all! I got two of them tonight and will set up them in the morning. Problem solved!

That's what I use as well, just make sure if you're using a T5 setup (typically if not always has 3 prongs) that your timer has an outlet for 3 prong cords.

Back
Top Bottom