Vacuuming/Water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobandBecca

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was looking at this product Aqueon waterchanger/vacuum. Does any have any experience with this vacuum, or have a easier way to vacuum without buckets of water?

Many on here use a water changer. I have the Python for my 46g & I'll never use buckets again. You will love it once you start using it. I'm guessing the Aqueon is just as easy as the Python. I turn off my tanks filter, heater, remove the light hood and cover. Hook up the changer to my kitchen sink, turn on the water to start the suction, put the vac end into the tank and start removing water & vacuuming the substrate. When I'm done I dose the tank with Prime, ferts, etc. and reverse the water flow on the changer. EASY and less time consuming.

yeah i was just worried about the dechlorinator/primer i wasn't sure if i could just add it to the tank. it seemed like it wouldn't be right.

I actually have the Aqueon water changer and I love it. I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands pretty bad and even I can use it. Water changers are absolutely wonderful especially for big tanks... my largest is a 220g.

yeah i was just worried about the dechlorinator/primer i wasn't sure if i could just add it to the tank. it seemed like it wouldn't be right.

You just need to dose enough for the total volume of the tank.

The directions on the Aqueon WC'er says declor the amount of your tank before you start adding water and then declor the amount of the tank after your done adding water. I do that and have done it for years on the ponds when we have to do large WC's during cleaning 2x year. It works great and have never had any issue dosing before and after nor do you have to worry.

Back
Top Bottom