Veil angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lincolnsdad01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone I am new to this. I have a 55 gal set up with a 306 fluval filter 200 watt heater hoods with led. I have my aquarium stocked with 5 various platys, 5 Juli Cory cats, 2 veil Angels, 1 rainbow shark, 1 high finned pleco, and 1 upside down catfish, 1 tropical fern, 2 Anubis and just added a floating moneywort. The question I have is my tank is partially planted I just added floating moneywort. Ever since I did one of my Angels just swims near it. Spends most of its time up by the surface by the moneywort. It will eat and it will go lower to eat as well but mainly just stays towards the surface by the moneywort. Is this normal? Or should I worry?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 59
I'm not sure about the angel but the high fin Pleco will need to get rehomed I think. How big is he?

Also if you want any algae eater, keep upside down cat then get 4-5 more.
They like groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think you need to worry. Especially if the fish is still looking good and eating alright. You said you just added the moneywort? Maybe it's just interested in the new plant life. Or maybe it really enjoys nibbling on it. Each fish has it's own quirks so unless this fish looks to have trouble swimming or stops eating I wouldn't worry too much.

The high finned pleco is 6 inches right now. And I have 5 Cory juli cats that also help with alage. I know the pleco will get bigger he is over 2 yrs old now my wife got him from a co worker

Back
Top Bottom