Very Cloudy Water... not a good day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.o.l. and fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK. My 20 gal. is ridiculously cloudy and I really don't know why. Several fish have died, some cichlids and tetras. I have done multiple water tests and everything seems to be fine no amonia or nitrite how can this problem be remedied and more importantly why did it happen in the first place. I want to be able to prevent this tragedy. Thanks.

How long has your tank been set up? How long does this take to happen? Do a large water change asap if you haven't done so yet. How do you filter? Answer these few questions and we may be more able to pinpoint what went wrong.

Tank has been up about a month, did 30 % water change earlier and tested... same results method of filtration: a whisper power filter (carbon)

The tank was given to me by a friend who moved away for college so I don't know how it was cycled but... nitrate is somewhere between 0 and 5 ppm (closer to 0)

It sounds like a bacterial plume..
Did you change out the filter cartridges with new and clean the tank well on the same day?
How often and how much do you normally change the water?

Change out your filter and do 20% water changes everyday for about a week and that should hopefully clear it up.

Back
Top Bottom