very confused babies everywhere!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsojkrieger

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so to start off, ive had this tank set up for about 2 years now, i thought it was all male. but had just gotten one newer fish recently and im not exactly sure what it even is it was sold to me as an afra, i felt bad for him so i figured id give it a good home and now its definantly holding babies lol ,there are 6 little babies swimming around also and doing good eating, just letting nature run its course because i know they are going to be some kind of hybrid i have no idea what they will look like lol but now im really confused because i see a blue johanni that looks to be holding and had dug out a nest and guarding it, im baffled because ive had this fish for a long time now it was one of my first cichlids, ive never seen any sign of it being female till now it almost looks like just a very little yellow on the tips of the fins thats all you can hardly see any yellow if at all. i dont really know what my question is but i thought i would share my experience. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400381553.838631.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400381606.016486.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400381643.224183.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400381657.381774.jpg the 2 pics are of both fish holding and a pic before they got knocked up lol. hopefully the johanni is not a xmen fish because i do have a male shown in the next pic ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400382007.475941.jpg.

forgot to mention that they are not eating either. just wanted to share and would like to hear if anyone else has had any odd experiences

The one in the third picture looks like a female kenyi

havent heard that one yet all ive gotten so far is its some kind of troph. maybe a hybrid. hoping to figure it out when is grows some more

have you seen a blue female johanni before? im lost on that one

Back
Top Bottom