Very sick molly, please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatieNicole

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I have this black molly, I have had him for almost a month. About a week ago I noticed him turning a bit white, then it got worse.

I freaked because I just have another black molly die of Dropsy. So I have been treated the water the last three days with Melafix and soaking some blood worms in garlic to raise their immune systems (lady at pet store told me to do that)

The black molly that is turning white has zero appetite. Won't even try to go for food. He just DOES NOT want any. I've tried their regular flakes, blood worms and squished de shelled peas. He went for nothing.

Usually he is hiding and would come out every once in a while. Now he is laying in the bottom in the open kind of on his side. I'm worried because he is taking really big quick breaths. Almost like he is gasping.

Can someone please help me try to figure this out so maybe I can save him and the rest of my tank. I submitted something related to this a few days ago but got no response. No he is even worse. So please. Thanks.

I don't know if this is the reason, but maybe he isn't getting enough air?
He could be turning colors because he is sick, but the gasping and sulking around might be lack of air. I had some catfish do that to me. When I put a bubbler in the tank it helped a lot.
Maybe try lowering the water level a little so the filter makes some bubbles? I hope someone comes along with better advice. Good luck helping your Molly.

Katanas - because swords are awesome! (Even swordtails!)

Back
Top Bottom