Via Aqua Titanium Heater 300w

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmdub

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a Via Aqua Titanium heater over the weekend and it's showing my tank is 84 degrees - my glass thermometer says 77 degrees. I really don't think there is any way my tank is 84 degrees. Does anyone else have one of these that has a big difference? Is a 7 degree difference "normal" for this heater? Should I return it to petsolutions.com and get a new one?

Hi I'm pretty new to this place but get lots of good advice great place anyways I also have that heater in my 65g swr tank and the temp difference I get is usually only a couple degrees I keep it set at 79°f and my in tank thermometer may get to 81°f I've had it about 10 months and never had any problems from it, it's been very consistent hope that helps a bit :)

You should always trust the termometer, if not sure get another one

bmdub said:
I just got a Via Aqua Titanium heater over the weekend and it's showing my tank is 84 degrees - my glass thermometer says 77 degrees. I really don't think there is any way my tank is 84 degrees. Does anyone else have one of these that has a big difference? Is a 7 degree difference "normal" for this heater? Should I return it to petsolutions.com and get a new one?

I would return it. Sounds like it may be defective. Always trust the mercury thermometer

Ok, so...I just called PetSolutions and was told I had to pay for shipping to return a defective item??? Anyone else had that experience with them?

Just in case someone reads this...I spoke to another rep at PetSolutions who was very helpful and sent a replacement and prepaid label. I apparently spoke with their very unpleasant overflow call center when I called. PS remains excellent! :)

bmdub said:
Just in case someone reads this...I spoke to another rep at PetSolutions who was very helpful and sent a replacement and prepaid label. I apparently spoke with their very unpleasant overflow call center when I called. PS remains excellent! :)

It always pays ta try a different person or in some cases ask for someone higher up, glad it worked out for ya :)

bmdub said:

It always pays to call again

Back
Top Bottom