Visi-therm heaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visi-therm Heaters, yes or no?

• Yes, I've used them for years and recommend them.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, they died just like the rest.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

toddnbecka

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ever since the Stealth Pro's turned out to be potential tank bombs and the subsequent recall I'm wondering how many folks swapped them for Visi-therms and how they're holding up. They carry the same lifetime warranty, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're any better quality than any other brand on the market.
I have several Stealth Pro's and several old-style Stealths that I need to send back to Marineland. I'm debating whether to swap them for Visi-therms, or take a cash refund and buy titanium heaters instead. IME the titanium heaters with separate controllers have been quite accurate and reliable, unlike the old-style Stealths. A couple overheated, and a couple others leak electricity into the tank. One or two are still in use, but they're going back along with the rest since they've all been recalled anyway.
Heating the whole basement over the winter has been adding over $100/month to my electric bill, so I'm ready to go back to individual heaters in the tanks.
Keeping it simple post, please yes/no whether you've found Visi-therms to be accurate and reliable heaters.

Back
Top Bottom