Walmart has trouble identifying fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a blue coral moon thinking it was a platy. My brother had an albino platy/moon thing and my other brother got a moon/platy mix... Walmart telling me they're platy. Ok but seriously, are platy like the same as moons? I never heard of moons before going on a site named PetSolutions. Do moons need the same requirements?

EDIT: Blue Painted Moon

I don't even know what fish that is as it does not even come up on google search. Maybe just a name to attract buyers. Are these new fish or did you used to have them as if you still have them you could post a pic for I.d..

Blue Coral Moon fish are part of the Xiphophorus sp. family, witch sums up as Platy's. It should have the same requirements listed in this website: Platy (Xiphophorus sp.)
Added to what was said, there is almost no information about Blue Coral Platy's, so to stay on the safe side, I would return them if I were you. If not, you can stick with what's said on that website, and base off that for your aquarium.

Good Luck!

I bought a upside down cat from Walmart and didn't realize until later that it was an African feather fin

I don't even know what fish that is as it does not even come up on google search. Maybe just a name to attract buyers. Are these new fish or did you used to have them as if you still have them you could post a pic for I.d..

My profile pic is my blue (painted not coral, oops) moon Gunther. A link to the site:

Blue Painted Moon, Moons & Platies for Freshwater Aquariums | PetSolutions

Sorry, my mom said something about blue coral platy.... I meant blue PAINTED moon.

Only difference: Mine has rosy cheeks (I'm assuming blood) but it's always been there since before I bought him. I've had him over 5 weeks now. I know, I know... he's from Walmart. I've stopped buying from Walmart. I was BRAND NEW to fish then.

I'm attaching a pic since the profile pic is so small:
By the way, blue painted moons and blue coral platy look REAL similar... which is Gunther?

Attachments

• HNI_0088.JPG
    HNI_0088.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 124
I dont go to walmart at ALL after watching the "people of walmart" video

He looks like a mickey mouse platy. Does he have some black circles near his tail that look like a mickey mouse head? Hard to tell from the pic.

Looks like a very small tank.

Yes, last I heard he had his platy in a 1 gallon bowl, so sure hope the others are not in the bowl too. Hopefully he has upgraded to a ten gallon.

If you have 4 platys is 100% stocked.

Yes it is a 1 gallon, it filters like 500% or so an hour. It's much bigger than a 1 gal bowl though, it looks like a 3 high but guess not. He will upgrade at christmas and no other fish or shrimp or anything are in their with him. He's been in there for 6 weeks, 1 day.

Back
Top Bottom