Walmart has trouble identifying fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know, I'm trying to upgrade to a 20 instead of a 10 at Christmas now. Just asking for a nice 20 gallon kit and 2 video games for the 3DS.

I don't have money and my parents are saving for a hamster and refuse to buy an aquarium, it's the best I can do. So far it's been about 1 and 1/2 months in the 1.

You could even get a big plastic tub with a larger filter and heater in the mean time. If you can't.... Give him away.

Ok but he flips out whenever we put a net near him. He smashes gravel headfirst, hits glass, than hits everything. I'll ask.

K but it's 12 for empty, then filter and heater, and hood, my parents don't even want to pay like $5, I've told my mom to get the 10 and she won't because she said "It'll cost much more for a light, heater, and filter." but I'm sorry guys, thanks for the ideas.

You don't need a hood. You have filters running in your 1 gals right? Use those. As long as they can support the bioload. Even if you put all 3 on, that would work. As for a heater, IMO those fish can do fine without, it's better than being crammed.

Agreed, you wouldn't need to buy any of those things. In fact, moving them to a bigger tank would make the water temperature even more stable than a 1 gal without a heater, so it's better in that regard as well. If you want light on the tank you could always just stick a lamp near it.

I got a blue coral moon thinking it was a platy. My brother had an albino platy/moon thing and my other brother got a moon/platy mix... Walmart telling me they're platy. Ok but seriously, are platy like the same as moons? I never heard of moons before going on a site named PetSolutions. Do moons need the same requirements?

EDIT: Blue Painted Moon

Don't buy fish from Walmart

You don't need a hood. Or a light unless you are going to be growing plants. The tank can be bare bottom, too so that saves a little money. You can use the filters you have on the bowls, even though they aren't enough filtration, it's better than nothing for now, and you can just change extra water. Then get a Top Fin heater. Not the best, but they are cheaper.

Then do some chores and such and get the rest of the equipment.

Back
Top Bottom