Want some more aquarium advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heinrich Lourens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi.

I've decided what I'm going to do in my 50L tank now and just want some input. I was going to get Tiger Barbs because I REALLY like them but I already have Tetras (2x Red eye, 2x neons). This wouldn't work in a small tank like this so the new plan is:

I want to make a small community tank now with small fish like neons, Zebras Guppies etc. I have 2 Kuhli loaches who look very happy and come out a lot. (yes I know they need space but these to come from a small tank and they look very happy and quite playfull).
Anyway, I would also like to have one single solitary fish. I was thinking in the way of a small Cory Cat or a Dwarf Gourami.

Heinrich.

corys need to be in a group. you can do a single gourami in a tank without any problem(at least most of the time)

also if you still have the tetras, you need to increase their number because 2 of each isn't going to do them any good

Yes I will increase the Tetra numbers to 4 or 5. I don't know much about Guppies, Can I have two males only? I don't want to breed or anything. Our LPS has lime green males and they are absolutely beautiful! I will look into a Pearl or Dwarf Gourami.

Thanks

Keeping 2 male guppies together shouldn't be an issue. I would avoid the pearl gourami though because they get pretty big but the dwarf would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom