Want to add either gourami or paradise fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bellatrixferox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is what I have so far:
1 adult koi angel
2 adult rainbow kribs (they can stay or go, not terribly crazy about them)
6 bloodfin tetras
1 albino bristlenose pleco (juvenile)
2 longfin blue rams (juveniles)

I want to add either:
2 paradise fish or
2 gouramis (leaning toward moonlight or pearl)

I was also thinking of getting rid of the kribs and getting 2 electric blue rams.

What do you guys think? I kind of like the paradise fish better as far as looks, but I have been reading from other posts that they can be aggressive.

Its in a 55gal upright tank, several plants, several pieces of driftwood and rocks

Paradise fish are one of the more aggressive fish, but are very nice and are very hardy fish.
If you're going for gouramis, they are also aggressive, so you would have to check the combination, if it would work with you're other fish.
Anyways, i would pick the Paradise Fish:)

This is what I have so far:
1 adult koi angel
2 adult rainbow kribs (they can stay or go, not terribly crazy about them)
6 bloodfin tetras
1 albino bristlenose pleco (juvenile)
2 longfin blue rams (juveniles)

I want to add either:
2 paradise fish or
2 gouramis (leaning toward moonlight or pearl)

I was also thinking of getting rid of the kribs and getting 2 electric blue rams.

What do you guys think? I kind of like the paradise fish better as far as looks, but I have been reading from other posts that they can be aggressive.

Its in a 55gal upright tank, several plants, several pieces of driftwood and rocks

I personally you have too many centrepiece like fish Stuffed into the 55g. ( angel, rainbow kribs, and GBR)
I wouldn't add anymore centrepiece like fish to this tank.

Agree. 2 pairs of cichlids and 1 lone cichlid is pushing it. Adding another aggressive fish isn't the best thing

I've actually been thinking of trading out the kribs, just because they hide most of the time. The angel can't be with any other angels (from what I've been told), but she completely ignores the other cichlids in the tank, and vice-versa. Each one of them sticks with their own kind. Really, I'd rather have another pair of fish other than the kribs which are more prone to being visible. So the consensus that 2 gouramis or paradise fish (evn if I take the kribs out) is too much for the tank?

Back
Top Bottom