Wanting To Start A 29 Gallon FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok I can do that I have Brine, Bloodworms, and Mysis so ill try each of them.

My wrasse is becoming the tanks boss hes staked out his turff I think because hes flashing nonstop and chasing everything out of his bubble hes made.

Also what size shells and how do i find them can i get for dwarf yellow tip hermits? they are all about 1 1/2inch shells right now but are all broken and boring would like to get some new shells for them if they want to switch out.

One of my clown fish seems to be only hanging out in the same spot for the last 2 days while the other one is constantly out and about. is there a reason for this? the 2 clowns are fighting maybe they are determining who will be female? the one that is hiding is the smaller one of the two.

also the fish only are ever in the right half of the tank is there a reason for this? Is the flow wrong? whats the deal?

my clowns tend to hang out in the back right corner of my 125g, they dont explore very much. It's kinda how clowns are. lol As they get more accustomed to the tank I;m sure they will get around the tank more. :)

just keep an eye on them is the best advice. The dominance thing with the fighting can get pretty bad so just be watchful. Mine fought horribly for about a month before they settled down. The two I have in my 125g didnt fight at all so go figure. lol

They were so friendly at first with one another. They don't fright at all when I feed at least so everyone gets food. My scooter excepted brine shrimp so I'm going go get him going on that then maybe mix some mysis in with his food or blood worns beings brine have little nutrition

well here are some updated pictures, I went a bit wild on corals last night my LFS had 30% off sale and I got a bunch of frags for a great price. Also I have added a McCooskers Flasher Wrasse and a scooter bleeny that I have in 2 days trained him to eats cyclops and baby brine shrimp (I feel he may have been fed this way in the past haha) however enough talk heres the pictures.

Scoot Blenny
img_1699004_0_90630ea0fcebb977ed2421c730365855.jpg

Some Mushrooms idk what kind and some Polyps
img_1699004_1_1efe0afb23d91c37681f66cf21ddd3a5.jpg

img_1699004_2_6dfd8350a2708e7e34c080cb7ed8ea3b.jpg

Hammer Coral
img_1699004_3_ac23c1763ad8f22ccf1da6d69eada7b0.jpg

Duncan 3 head for 10 bucks
img_1699004_4_54684379fee1bfa81b001a4079aa4935.jpg

The rest im not sure so please tell me what they are if you know.
img_1699004_5_143330d8fc22b83c478f3553e780c11b.jpg

img_1699004_6_4508390ef9081a482d4ac1b46d76a785.jpg

My fav!
img_1699004_7_b567ede40a906cdcab42a29d08a06f52.jpg

CleverBs said:
well here are some updated pictures, I went a bit wild on corals last night my LFS had 30% off sale and I got a bunch of frags for a great price. Also I have added a McCooskers Flasher Wrasse and a scooter bleeny that I have in 2 days trained him to eats cyclops and baby brine shrimp (I feel he may have been fed this way in the past haha) however enough talk heres the pictures.

Scoot Blenny

Some Mushrooms idk what kind and some Polyps

Hammer Coral

Duncan 3 head for 10 bucks

The rest im not sure so please tell me what they are if you know.

My fav!

The unknowns look like an acropora of some sort, an acan, and a birdsnest - the birdsnest and acro need high flow and very high light to survive.

All look good - nice pick-ups.

The unknowns look like an acropora of some sort, an acan, and a birdsnest - the birdsnest and acro need high flow and very high light to survive.

All look good - nice pick-ups.

The birdsnest is in on the very top under the lights and has a power head right next to it blowing on it. The acro I will move up into the same conditions.

I have a colony of eagle eye polyps and only about 50/75 of the heads open. What could be the issue? I moved it to higher light and more flow today.

the bird nest looks likes its getting damaged by something, the tips of one of the branches looks chipped away and is white and all the tiny green polyps are gone on the one branch. Could my peppermint shrimp be bother it? i dont know what else would be other then that.

Last night my shrimp ate a coral...they are preppermint shrimp so were they just eating the die off of the frag or what? It was a frag of brain coral.

Bought a Reef Octopus BH 1000 Hang
on Back Protein Skimmer today hope it gets here quick im excited about it for some reason.

Hmmmm, I don't know if this is happening to anybody else, but when I click on the video it says that it can't open up the page.

Anyways, from what I see in the video box the tank looks great! (y)

waiting on my skimmer today hope it comes soon. the Angel and the wrasse are doing so much better now in the QT they looks great but am going to keep them in the tank for another week but more then likely ill just be safe and keep them in there 2 more weeks to be sure they dont just get ich again as soon as I put them back in the tank. I think the skimmer will help alot preventing the ich by improving the water quality. Im also hoping the aquaclear 70 filter that im going to turn into a refugium will also help improve the water quality and help keep algae down and nitrates lower.

Back
Top Bottom