Wanting to start my first SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have always found salt water tanks to be so beautiful and amazing but have not attempted one yet. Im about to be moving one of my turtles thats currently in a 20g into a 75g and thought I could start off small and turn the 20g in a SW tank. I was thinking of getting a clown fish with an anemone but not sure what other things I can put into the tank with it. what would you guys suggest for a SW novice like myself?

I got a 9 gallon nano reef and it is quiet hard work but if you keep on top of everything it can get easier but I am limited on fish my biggest problem is keeping the salinity right but I got some fairly hardy corals and fish so they are forgiving :) I think a 20 would be okay

IMO starting with a 30 gallon minimum or larger you'll have a better chance of succeeding. In a small system if something goes wrong it happens faster in a smaller system. A anemone needs a mature system of about one year. I use this site for research Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums.

Yea i've been doing some research and read about the bigger the tank the easier so I think I will end up going with a 55g when I start and I wont be starting this tank for at least a couple months so I have time to make sure I do everything right

Back
Top Bottom