Was bored. Heres my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
needmorecowbell said:
Green ones :)

There usually opened real nice. Something must have been walking on them. I'm gonna take a look later and see how they look buy usually there huge.

Last edited:
More great pictures. Do you have a protein skimmer? You could get away with doing one 5 gallon water change a week. I have a thirty with a 20 long sump and I only do 4 gallons a week. I have a huge skimmer though and I know that's hard to get for a biocube. Do you have a fuge? There's tons of mods for that type of tank.

needmorecowbell said:
More great pictures. Do you have a protein skimmer? You could get away with doing one 5 gallon water change a week. I have a thirty with a 20 long sump and I only do 4 gallons a week. I have a huge skimmer though and I know that's hard to get for a biocube. Do you have a fuge? There's tons of mods for that type of tank.

I modded it out Tunze 9002 and more. Enjoy the video.

needmorecowbell said:
Very nice. How do you like the wave controller? I was going to buy one. The shimmer from the leds is amazing.

I like the wave maker a lot TBO I set it to alternate every hour and the corals seem to like it more then when both are on at the same time. I also like the feature where you can shut the PH's down with a flick of a switch. Eliminates using up all the outlets. MHO it's worth it.

And thanks again. I worked SO hard in this tank an the members here were great in helping me. Carey, Mr. X and Ryan among others. Great advice by all and I took pieces from everyone and tried to keep it my own.

your tank looks great! i keep thinking that will be me one day(starting a salt tank) but i don't know that i'm up to the challenge. my fresh water is very low maintenance and i think it's a good fit for me right now but maybe someday. when i see tanks like yours i just marvel at how beautiful they are. thanks for sharing. :)

jpchin said:
your tank looks great! i keep thinking that will be me one day(starting a salt tank) but i don't know that i'm up to the challenge. my fresh water is very low maintenance and i think it's a good fit for me right now but maybe someday. when i see tanks like yours i just marvel at how beautiful they are. thanks for sharing. :)

Well thank you for your kind words! You can do whatever you put your mind to!! I was honestly scared and was content with my 75g African Cichlid tank. One day I said I'm just gonna jump into it! I had help from the GREAT members here and well.... I took bits and pieces of everyone's advice and applied it to where I saw fit to make the tank my own.

Hey! You can do it! And I really appreciate the kind words, makes it all worth it when I read comments like yours.

Have a good one.

Mr. rY said:
Nice! I want mine to be like that!

Thanks!!! I'm loving the awesome feedback!! I have to say again I COULD NOT have done it without the GREAT members on this site!! And I thank them all for all there help in getting me where I am now!!

needmorecowbell said:
Have you used the clouds settings/ thunderstorm settings on the sol? Ive heard they are pretty awesome.

Yea it's pretty sick. lol it like 4am this morning and a "storm" decided to roll in. Lit the whole bedroom up for about 15 minutes.

It's only set at 20% chance at 1 a day so it's not often. I was scared it would freak the fish out.

Hi guys i just wana get some advice on my 28g nanocube its cycling now for about 2 weeks and i wanna know when the cycling would be over and what to do after its done, thanks guys!

Mr. rY said:
Hi guys i just wana get some advice on my 28g nanocube its cycling now for about 2 weeks and i wanna know when the cycling would be over and what to do after its done, thanks guys!

Are you testing? Adding anything like flake food to produce waste to build up BB?

Back
Top Bottom