Was bored. Heres my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Autumnsky said:
Convict, looks really amazing, like one I would want to make/keep. I love, love love how that looks.

Many years ago my husband and I would go to a Del Taco, fast food chain store, (franchise), near where we lived and they had a big gorgeous SW tank with so much going on that it looked like the whole pile of rocks was alive, with little fish and creatures everywhere, I always sat at the table next to it, one table on each side of it, and I have loved them ever since.

Thank you so much!!

I'm really taken back by all the awesome comments! I hope to keep the tank as nice as it is now!!

Oldspice said:
What's a slimmer?

You might mean slimer or skimmer. He has a protein skimmer which is a type of filtration. A slimer is a type of coral. It's a green sps coral that grows rather fast.

Clownfishlovers said:
Can you tell more about your filteration system like?

Filtration hmmm... I guess I'll start with 35 pounds of live cured rock, 35 pounds of live sand. MJ1200 pump upgrade. 2 koralia 425's. InTank media basket with filter floss, purigen and cheato. Skimmer is a Tunze 9002 with upgraded cup. And between chamber 2 and 3 where the stock sponge was I tossed it and just use filter floss. I get much better water flow now without that sponge. Also I cut the tab between chamber 1 and 2 where the stock filter would have gone, that also allows for better water flow. Any other questions feel free.

BHead108 said:
beautiful tank! what is your fish stocking in it?

After losing a few and re homing a few. Before I knew really what I was doing there were a lot. Too many.

Right now.

2 PJ Cardinals
2 clown fish
1 purple fire fish
1 harlequin shrimp

And a CUC from reef cleaners. Lots of snails, some hermits, a porcelain crab.

Ya, I was wondering whether he was actually cutting the legs of of the chocolate chip star ( I think that's what theyre called)

needmorecowbell said:
Ya, I was wondering whether he was actually cutting the legs of of the chocolate chip star ( I think that's what theyre called)

Nope just tossing it in and letting the harlequin eating whenever. I also think he has some in a separate tank as feeders basically

Great looking cube!! You've really taken that to the max and it looks great!! That slimer is going to look pretty sweet as it spreads across the water line.

Gboy66 said:
Buying starfish..D: pretty expensive but only once a month right con?

Gboy66 said:
Nope just tossing it in and letting the harlequin eating whenever. I also think he has some in a separate tank as feeders basically

At this point I'd like to direct all question to Gboy your honor..... lol. G is 100% correct that's just what I do. The separate tank thing for the stars seems to working out, I wait for her, she'll let ya know then I just toss a other in tank. And yea 10-15 bucks a pop! I grab 2-3 reduces the price and just keep them in another tank.

And TANKS again everyone for the awesome comments! My first go at a saltwater tank and so far so good!!

Its not a fish, its a shrimp! Haha they are called harlequin shrimp an they have a diet that consists of only starfish. :) these shrimp look AWESOME but many people dont buy them because of their expensive diet.

Months ago i read about a guy who fed cc starfish to his shrimp. Had like 4 in his sump and when it was time to feed he would cut a leg off and throw the starfish back into the sump. Never ending supply of food with regeneration on your side.

Back
Top Bottom