Wasting disease killing my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I’ve got multiple tropical community tanks, and over the last 4 months I have had more losses than I can count.

It started just after I introduced 3 new fish into my 200L community tank. I initially put it down to an ammonia issue, but after a week or so passed, my water perimeters stayed within normal limits, but fish kept dying I started to worry.

I have now lost around half my tank from the 200L, I’ve got one of my old angels in a 50L (devastated) and as of today I’ve lost killi fish in a third 50L tank.

I must admit my biosecurity isn’t great between tanks, I use the same cleaning gear between them (oops I know bad).

On thing I notice before the fish die is they start to waste away, they lose their fat pocket and look a bit sickly, before suddenly dying. I have no idea what the next step is, if it’s a bacterial infection (TB for example) where do I got to test for this or what do I do.

I guess my question is, please help me figure out what my next step is. I have already lost so many animals and it’s heartbreaking to have to keep seeing them die or having to euthanise them. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Flubendazole 10 % powder
Postage is to increase in 2020 soon.
Best for eliminating Hydra. Treats protozoa wasting disease, serious treatment for Velvet, enternal and external parasites, 1/4 teaspoon of 10 % powder
treats about 20 gallons of water for most parasitic Protozoa. Eliminate Carbon filtration during treatment. Change most of the water after 10 days.
Will not harm plants, Prolonged use will kill most all snails. .......
Taken from Charles page ;
Levamisole, Flatworm Exit active ingredient Flubendazole & other chemicals for the aquarium

Back
Top Bottom