Water changes on a 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vao71

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, does anyone know of an easy way to change water in a 125? Getting the water out is easy as my pump tube thing can reach into the sink but not the faucet, so the water all goes right down the drain. Filling the tank back up is a different story as I have to fill up like 9 buckets using my shower and it all usually results in water all over my room and my hands just killing me lol

Yep, python is the answer. I couldn't love without mine.

Yes phyton is the answer. I'm new to this and was told to get one. Wouldn't live without it

I use a Aqueon Water Changer for my 220g and love it. I've seen these at Pet Smart but you can usually get things much cheaper online.

I've seen the python unfortunately it won't fit on my bathroom sink faucet :/

I recently had an issue with adapters as well. I have the aqueon water changer like rivercats was saying. I went to the local harware store and bought a faucet garden hose adapter and unscrewed the factory aireator that was on my sink replacing it with the adaptor, the aqeuon water changer fit right on and life is so much easier!!

What about chlorine remover when the waters going into the tank? Should I add it as waters going in or when the entire water change is finished?

What about chlorine remover when the waters going into the tank? Should I add it as waters going in or when the entire water change is finished?

also interested in this. I always thought you had to let prime sit for hours. But i know people just fill it up and add.

You add the amount of Prime or Declor to dose the entire tank. Fill the tank back up and redose the Declor again for the entire tank. I've been doing this for years and it works great.

Not within reason, you don't want to just dump a bunch in. The reason you declor before and after is to ensure all chlorine/chloramine is removed and none is missed.

Back
Top Bottom