water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NavemadaMan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a question to everyone about how to do put water back into the aquarium without disturbing all of the substrate and plants I have, and dumping water all over the place. The water usually cascades down with too much force. So what do I do to put water back in efficiently and easily. Sorry if this is a dumb question I just would really like to knows

Depending on the size tank you have you might want to look into a Python or other water exchange system, I use the Aqueon version. I you are going to use buckets and what not try putting a plate to pour the water onto. Personally I use my hand to break up the force and let trickle down my fingers into the tank.

I fill up a gallon container with replacement water, pour it over my hand over just above the water. Repeat until filled.

Aspencer said:
I fill up a gallon container with replacement water, pour it over my hand over just above the water. Repeat until filled.

+1

This is what I did before I got my python. When you pour the water on your hand it will slow down, break the water flow and it will flow towards the sides on the water surface. Very efficient way to add water without disturbing anything.

Oh cool I checked out the python and it seems awesome! Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom