Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I use a hose pipe (specifically for the aquariums) with a spray end I use for water changes. The tap water goes through three filters. Foam, charcoal & sponge that removes chlorine etc. It then goes via an electric water heater that can be set between 30c & 55c or just normal cold water temperature if I choose to turn it off.

Are there any problems that may occur from this setup? I've not had any issues for over a year but I've not really used the water heater until now as the outside temperature is dropping.

I was worried the warmer water in the hose could cause a nitrite bloom inside the hose or something.

Thanks

Fei

Hi all,

I use a hose pipe (specifically for the aquariums) with a spray end I use for water changes. The tap water goes through three filters. Foam, charcoal & sponge that removes chlorine etc. It then goes via an electric water heater that can be set between 30c & 55c or just normal cold water temperature if I choose to turn it off.

Are there any problems that may occur from this setup? I've not had any issues for over a year but I've not really used the water heater until now as the outside temperature is dropping.

I was worried the warmer water in the hose could cause a nitrite bloom inside the hose or something.

Thanks

Fei

No. It sounds like a good system [emoji846] I would add that fish are pretty sensitive to sudden temperature changes so you’d want to try to match the temps as closely as possible.

Thanks. I figured the 30c for fish at 25c was the better choice than just cold water from the tap.

Thanks for the reply. [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom