water clarity, products?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

@HOME

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 20 gal aquarium and my water has been "cloudy" for about two weeks now. I should explain "cloudy", it's actually little tiny particules floating around or suspended in the tank. I used a product called P Clear last night which was suppossed to clump together particules so the filter could remove them. I also saw a similair product called C Clear which is more for removing algea particules. The P clear said it would work in 1 hour, but 24 hours later and still the same. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

I've always use Crystal Clear and it's worked everytime. It cleared up my 55 in less than 15 mins.

I use a product called Pclear.
It makes all the tiny particles, that are to small to be traped in the filter, clump together and then they can be filtered out.
It really works great.
HTH

If you read my post you can see i used P clear and it didn't work. Thanks anyways. Anyone ever used C Clear?

Stuff floss into your filter, works great at clearing up small particles in the water.

grimlock3000 said:
Stuff floss into your filter, works great at clearing up small particles in the water.

not to intrude but....what do you mean by floss. First thing that comes to mind is dental floss :?

Filter floss :) Its just like pillow stuffing, it is awesome at capturing even the smallest particles.

I think they mean filter floss.
Its just white cotton.

@HOME.
The P clear has always worked for me.
Must have been a bad bottle or something.

I recommend the filter. I don't like adding chemicals unless absolutely everything else has been tried. I've seen more bad come from chemicals than good.

The one time I used a clarity product it double the damage. 2 days to clear..two days clear..then double the mess on day three.I think it just hid it by clumping it to the bottom where the filter couldn't suck it in. If I have to continually use something, I figure it is not worth using that method since a error on my part can cause disaster (aka also pH down/up etc and tank change "lengtheners") :roll: :)

System 1 Diatom filter, will clear your water to perfect crystal clarity (filters out particles down to 1 micron) in 4 hours. Tub of earth

Recommond hooking up to electronic timer (buy at Wal Mart or the like), set to run for one hour, rest 10 minutes, one hour, rest 10 minutes, one hour, rest 10 minutes, one hour. This keeps the pressure and water flow up and allows the earth to turn so new area is exposed for filtering.

I run one in my tank once per week.

Back
Top Bottom