Water Conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are they new fish? Or did you remove them to clean the tank?

If they are new you need to acclimate them for a minimum of an hour before putting them into the system.
All You Need to Know About Acclimation - Aquarium Advice
That link has all the info you need.

If you took them out to clean then I would just put them back in. The water conditioner should work instantly and if you are using the same water source that you usually use then the parameters should be the same. I personally don't remove my fish when I clean. It stresses them out too much I think.

New fish:

QT them for a few weeks and a separate tank to make sure there's nothing wrong with them, then just add them to your tank.

Fish you took our for say a change in substrate:

Once water is cleared up and filters have been running with issues and the temp is what it was prior or at least close just add them back.

I would highly advise against a simple acclimation and add method. You can bring in things like bacteria and parasites that you don't need like ich for example. Save yourself the headache trust me. I rushed things and now I'm dealing with an ich outbreak in my 75g.

Awww......Thanks very much. Ive been waiting for a reply!!! Your Awesome !!!! No they arent just doing a 50% water change. Plus new decor!!! & Thanks for the Link!!!

If you're just doing a water change and adding a piece or to of decor, i wouldn't even remove them. It will stress them more to be caught, transferred and retransferred, than just having your hands in the tank with them (provided of course your hands are clean of any soap/med/lotion residue).

Back
Top Bottom