Water movemetn...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adiliegro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Whether or not you have a UGF, a good, strong filter in a 20-gal should be all you need. Sometimes in larger tanks, 55 and over, you will find "dead" spots with poor water circulation and powerheads are great for that.

Hmmm...My filter is the one that came with the kit (top fin 20) and Im not sure its that strong. I want to get another one and now am wondering if I should get this one. Is this big enough for my 20 gal or is it too big and I need to go smaller? - http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=22137;category_id=2885;pcid1=;pcid2=

I just want to do whats right for my new friends...Also, could I run BOTH filters at the same time? Is this OK or is this one of those "less is more" deals?

That just might be overkill for a 20gal (did I just say that? 8O ) but a smaller HOB combined with what you have already would work.

HA! I am SO glad I found this place. So maybe the Penguin 170 with what I have? There is so much to learn about all of this. :)

And TankGirl...I just donated you 50 Kudos for all that you do! Thank you!

10 times the tank size in gallons is the normal max water flow in gallons per hour for filtering. 10x20=200 gph. 4 times is the minimum or 80 gph for your tank but it is best to stay in the upper end, say 8 to 10.
The Penguin 170 or AquaClear 200 will work great.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom